Traffic, Parking and Stopping of Vehicles in the Municipaity of Hastings Highlands are regulated by Bylaw 2020-009.
As per the Municipality's Traffic, Parking and Stopping of Vehicle's Bylaw, no person shall park a vehicle or bicycle:
- On a sidewalk
- On a crosswalk or pedestrian crossover
- Within any intersection
- Within a fire route, where authorized signs are erected and on display
- On a bridge or approaches thereto
- Within 3 metres (9.8 feet) of a point on the curb or edge of the roadway directly
opposite a fire hydrant
- Within 3 metres (9.8 feet) of an intersection
- On any street or highway in such a position as to obstruct traffic
- In such a manner as to interfere with the convenience or removal of any vehicle
previously parked or standing
- On any street or highway in such a manner as to interfere with necessary civic
services such as but not limited to road repair, snow plowing or snow removal that is
already in progress, or where signs or notices have been placed indicating any snow
removal or other civic operations are to be commenced
- Impeding entrance to or exit from a private or public driveway
- On any street or highway between the hours of 12:00 a.m. (midnight) and 7:00 a.m.
Eastern Standard Time from October Fifteenth (15th) to April Fifteenth (15th) each year
Exemption: Permission may be granted, by authorized representatives of the municipality for relief
from the provisions of this bylaw during construction or any unusual or unforeseen
Winter parking restrictions and miscellaneous prohibitions
To allow snowplows to clear the roadways, the following seasonal parking restrictions are in place from October 15 to April 15 each year:
- No parking on any street or highway between the hours of 12:00 a.m. (midnight) to 7:00 a.m.
Eastern Standard Time each year.
In addition, no person, without lawful authority, shall:
- Push or blow snow onto the roadway or road allowance.
- Deposit litter, mud, dirt, gravel, stone, cement or any other object(s) on the roadway or road allowance.
There are accessible parking spaces located at the Municipal Office in Hastings Highlands. These spaces are designated with an accessible parking sign. In order to use an accessible parking space, you must:
- properly display an accessible parking permit in your vehicle
- be an individual with a disability or be transporting someone with a disability
- there is a minimum $300.00 fine for the misuse of an accessible parking permit or a designated accessible parking space
Prohibited Parking on Municipal Property
- No person shall park a motor vehicle on property owned or occupied by the Municipality or any local board thereof without the consent of the Municipality or said local board
- Where signs are displayed, no person shall park or leave a vehicle on Municipal property, including a Municipal dock or boat launch, without written authority from the Municipality