Noise and Fireworks
Noise and Fireworks are regulated under the Municipality's Noise and Fireworks Bylaw
As per the Municipality's Noise and Fireworks Bylaw, the following noise activities are prohibited during the hours of 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Any unnecessary noise or sound which disturbs the quiet, peace, rest, enjoyment, comfort or convenience of any other person or is the result of any activities described in Schedule 'A' of the Bylaw which include:
- Operation of a vehicle in a manner that results in banging, clanking, squealing or similar sounds because of inadequate maintenance or an improperly secured load
- Persistent barking, calling or whining or other similar persistent noise making by animals and birds kept as household pets, which disturbs or prohibits the peace or repose of any person in another occupied dwelling
- Yelling, shouting, screaming or similar noise that disturbs or prohibits the peace and enjoyment of any person occupying a neighbouring property
- Operation of any item of construction equipment without an effective exhaust-muffling device that is in good working order and in constant operation.
View a full list of General Noise Prohibitions and Exemptions (Bylaw 2020-062)
As per the Municipality's Noise and Fireworks Bylaw, no person shall set off any Fireworks except:
- On Fridays and Saturdays;
- Between dusk and 11:00 p.m.;
- From June 20th to Thanksgiving Weekend (Monday); and
- Includes Victoria Day, Canada Day, Labour Day and News Year's Eve
- No person shall set off any Fireworks when there is a Fire Ban in effect
Grant of Exemption by Council
Any person may request to Council, to be granted an exemption from any of the provisions of this bylaw with respect to the use of fireworks and any source of noise or vibration for which they might be prosecuted. Council will decide whether to deny or grant the exemption.
To request an exemption of the provisions of this bylaw by Council, please forward a letter or email to the Municipal Clerk to bring forward to the next scheduled meeting of Council.