Skip to main content Skip to footer

Mobile Food Vendors (Refreshment Vehicle, Food Truck/Cart)

You need a mobile food and refreshment licence in order to operate a refreshment vehicle or stand within the Municipality of Hastings Highlands. This includes, but is not limited to, a chip truck, food cart, ice cream bicycle, ice cream truck, mobile lunch truck and any mobile food and refreshment stand.

How to Apply for a Licence

Please complete the Mobile Food Vendor Licence Application and Agreement with the corresponding fee and submit it to the Municipality:

By Email
[email protected] 


Municipality of Hastings Highlands
33011 Hwy 62 
Maynooth, ON K0L 2S0
Ph: 613-338-2811 

General Business Licence Requirements (Vendor, Mobile Food Vendor, Public Market)

Business Licence applicants are required to submit the following list of general requirements to the licensing officer for processing: 

  • A complete Business Licence Application for a Vendor, Mobile Food Vendor or Public Market as applicable
  • The applicable fees in accordance with the Municipality’s User Fees
  • certificate of insurance as provided for in Appendix ‘A’ of the Municipality's Business Licence Policy to this policy
  • If the Applicant is a corporation, a copy of the Certificate of Status and a list of the names and addresses of the current Licensing Officers and officers of the corporation
  • If the Applicant is a partnership, a list of the names and addresses of the partners and, if a registered partnership, a copy of the registered declaration of partnership, and any changes or corrections thereto
  • Proof that the Applicant is an Adult 

Mobile Food Vendor Licence - Additional Requirements 

Additional Resources and Information

Hastings Prince Edward Public Health (HPEPH) - Guidelines for Opening a Food Premises

  • In Ontario, food businesses fall under the jurisdiction of the Health Protection and Promotion Act (“the Act”) and are inspected by Public Health to ensure compliance with the Act and Ontario Food Premises Regulation. 

    If you are planning to open or reopen a food business, advance public health notification is legally required under the Act. Municipal notification and approvals for licensing, fire and zoning may also be needed and we encourage you to contact your nearest municipal office. Visit or contact HPEPH at 613-966-5500 or 1-800-267-2803


Item Term of Business Licence - Fees HST (Yes or No)
Mobile Food Vendor
(Refreshment Vehicle,
Food Truck/Cart etc.)

One Month Licence: 
Resident - $12.50
Non-Resident - $25.00

Three Month Licence: 
Resident - $37.50
Non-Resident - $75.00

Six Month Licence:
Resident - $75.00
Non-Resident - $150.00

Annual Licence (Not Available if on Municipal Property)
Resident - $150.00
Non-Resident - $300.00



This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.