Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- Nominations will be accepted for the Offices of Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Councillor or School Board Trustee
- Candidates can file a nomination paper and submit the signatures of 25 voters* supporting the nomination at the Municipal Office anytime during normal business hours
*The prescribed form is available in the documents section of the 'Candidate Info'rmation TAB.
Friday July 27, 2018
- Final day for candidate nomination
- Nominations will be accepted between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Deadline is 2:00 p.m. for withdrawal of nominations
Monday, July 30, 2018
- Certification of Nominations papers completed by the Clerk before 4:00 p.m.
- Declaration of Acclamation declared atfter 4:00 p.m.
If, at 4:00 pm on the Monday following Nomination Day, the number of certified candidates for an office is the same as or less than the number to be elected, the Clerk shall immediately declare the candidate or candidates elected by acclamation.
Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- Certified Candidates may pick up their Voters' List
- Revision period commences
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- Final expense limits will be provided to candidates.
Friday, October 19, 2018
- Final day for the registration of Third Party Advertisers
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Voting Period begins (Electors will have 14 days to cast their vote)
- Internet/Telephone Voting will begins at 10:00 a.m.
Monday, October 22, 2018
- Voting Day
- Voting up until 8:00 p.m.
Monday, December 3, 2018
- Inaugural meeting of 2018 - 2002 Municipal Council at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers
Monday, December 31, 2018
- Campaign period ends
- Deadline for candidates to provide the Clerk with written notification of deficit and continuation of campaign period. This also applies to Third Party Advertisers
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- Last day for the Clerk to provide candidates and registered third parties with notice of the financial filing requirements and penalties.
Friday, March 29, 2019
- Financial Statements deadline for reporting period ending December 31, 2018 by 2pm
- Last day for a candidate or registered third party to notify the Clerk in writing of a filing extension received from the Superior Court of Justice bu 2pm
Monday, April 29, 2019
Last day (by 2 pm) for a candidate or registered third party to file a primary financial statement and pay $500 late filing fee. Penalties take effect at 2:01 pm.
Thursday, June 27, 2019
Last day for an elector to apply for a compliance audit of a candidate or registered third party’s campaign finances.
Tuesday, July 2, 2019 - End of the Supplementary Campaign Period
Campaign period ends for candidates and registered third parties that extended their campaign, meaning they cannot accept any contributions or incur any expenses.
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Last day for the Clerk to provide candidates and registered third parties with notice of the filing requirements and penalties for supplementary financial statements and auditor’s reports
Thursday, September 26, 2019
Last day for a candidate or registered third party to apply to Superior Court of Justice to extend the time to file the financial statement.
Friday, September 27, 2019 - Deadline for Filing Supplementary Financial Statements
By 2 pm:
Last day for those who filed a Form 6 to extend the campaign period to file a financial statement and auditors’ report for the reporting period ending Tuesday, July 2, 2019.
Last day for a candidate or registered third party to notify the Clerk of a filing extension received from the Superior Court of Justice.
Monday, October 28, 2019
Last day (by 2 pm) for a candidate or registered third party to file a supplementary financial statement and pay $500 late filing fee. Penalties take effect at 2:01 pm.
Friday, December 27, 2019
Last day for an elector to apply for a compliance audit on a candidate or registered third party’s supplementary financial statement.